Simone Walsh’s original paintings and limited edition prints are highly individual, distinctive and uplifting.
Born in Dublin, Simone graduated from the School of Art & Design in Mountjoy Square, Dublin, and later she enjoyed a successful career in illustration and graphic design in both Ireland and New Zealand where she lived from 1992 ~ 2000. The quality of light in the southern hemisphere provided Simone with inspiration to pursue her professional career in painting. She has developed her own individual style and technique that truly captures the vibrancy and transparency of colour.
Using acrylic paint and glazes, her work has an unique three dimensional quality and her use of relief gold paint adds detail, depth and texture to her work. Due to the mix of mediums, Simone’s original paintings can be enjoyed in bright light without fading.
Based in her Gallery in County Wexford, Simone has developed an extensive and diverse range of subject matter from city and country scenes, quirky cats, brand art, fish and birds, home interiors to seascapes, all of which she executes beautifully & with captivating charm and character.
Simone has now taken her best selling images and developed a range of branded products including placemats, coasters, mugs, clocks, journals, silk scarves and kitchen textiles!
Corporate Commissions include:
- Allied Irish Banks.
- The Department of Defence.
- Irish Life Assurance.
- Enterprise Ireland.
- Chanel College.
- Loreto College.
- UCC; Original commissioned paintings and 50 limited edition prints presented as Staff Recognition Awards to outstanding staff members.
- The Irish Dental Association International Conference R.D.S. 2006; 40 original paintings were presented to national and international guest speakers and to the Dublin Dental Hospital.
- Simone’s work was chosen to represent the United Nations World Peace Day 2011; a commission original painting and the image used on all promotional literature.
- Simone’s work was chosen to represent the International Conference on Urban Climate 2012 and limited edition prints presented to guest speakers.
- Simone’s original work has been presented to international percussionist Evelyn Glennie for her contribution to the National Music Conference 2012.
- Simone’s work was represented to Mairead McGuinness MEP on her visit to the Wexford Local Development head office.
- Simone’s “The Irish Larder” print was awarded the prestigious “Selected” at Showcase 2013.
- In April 2013, 40 Ministers of Health from the European Union were presented with a Simone Walsh framed limited edition print.
- Simone and her artwork were featured on TVAM and RTE’s Nationwide.
- Simone has produced original art and corporate prints gifts for pharmaceutical companies Hovione and Janssen & Janssen.